joi, 18 noiembrie 2010

A Prayer for Moms and Dads :D

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind.

I pray I find a little quiet
Far from the daily family riot
May I lie back -- not have to think
about what they're stuffing down the sink,
or who they're with,
or where they're atand
what they're doing to the cat.

I pray for time all to myself
(did something just fall off a shelf?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no, another goldfish -- dead!)

Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?)

And that I need not cook or clean
--(well heck, I've got the right to dream)

Yes now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep,
But as I look around I know
--I must have lost them long ago!

Un comentariu: